Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Blackboard

I have found that the usefulness of Blackboard is in direct correlation with how tech savvy the teacher or professor is. The Blackboard site for this class is extremely useful, but I have found that this is the first time this has really been true. Most other times it is not used, or not used in a way that you can easily navigate. Organization is key. I find the most useful part of this classes Blackboard is the assignments tab. It is nice to have complex assignments laid out step by step. Clears up confusion and makes it possible to get caught up if you need to.
I can see how it is time consuming to make a good Blackboard site, and if I have the time to do so I would love to make one for my own classes in the future. The one feature I wish they had was a way to 'save' everything in one neat and easy step. Most of my teachers place wonderful resources on their sites that I would like to keep. But I find the task of going through and saving each page and each link to be a daunting process. Maybe there is a better way to do this that I have not seen yet though.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! I agree with you about BB, especially the saving function. I also think that, in order for BB to be successful in a class, it needs to be used from the beginning of the semester, consistently. If the professor just suggests that students post comments, but doesn't make it mandatory or frequent, no one bothers to write because no one bothers to read, because no one bothers....

    Thanks!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete